Domaine Brand et Fils was founded by Lucien Brand in 1956 (Philippe's grandfather).
Located in the heart of La Couronne d’or in a village named Ergersheim, Alsace.
At that time, the farm grew several crops. There were over 15 hectares of wheat, tobacco and pastures for livestock, with just 1.3 hectares of vines. It gradually began to specialise in viticulture, allowing the vineyard to expand over the other areas until 1970.
Later, Charles Brand (Philippe's father) sealed the estate’s reputation by vinifying the premium dry wines and making them popular with the locals. In 2001, he revolutionised the production methods, launching a three-year conversion period and having his vineyard certified organic.
Philippe partnered with his father in 2006, injecting a new impetus into their company, which they renamed Domaine Brand & Fils.
In 2015, a new direction was taken as Philippe wanted to go further in their journey, he obtained biodynamic agriculture certification from the organisation Demeter. Then, they decided to extend the wines to an outstanding natural wine range.